Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

otis gen2 comm los

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,942 Views
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#18403]
I have a gen 2 with a 2940 fault . if i do ucm reset it tries to run, all lights are up except run 3 software input, my dcss, ring light on my mcss. i have lost comm to dcss, and ring car ? 2940 is ph1 relay not picked, but it is. Any help is appreciated



   
Quote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have fixed all my problems except, my mlb3 has no blinking dcss light. i-motion board is programed and works on manual, heartbeat is on. but i have comm loss to gen 2 controller. is this bad addressing? or something else



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe 2940 is your ph1 rsl relay?
For your dcss, check the following
p8-1(+) to p8-2(-) = 108 to 132 vdc
p6-2(+) to p6-1(-) = 27 to 33 vdc

Also check rs485 cord

You may need a service tool. Let us know how you are making out



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you



   
ReplyQuote
(@Take the stairs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
My dcss is communicating. It was set to discrete and I switched it to multidrop in dcss settings. I would like to say I fixed it myself, but a good elevator man needs friends. That may have your phone #. Thank you guys



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Take the stairs, take the credit, just don't take my tools I need them to make a living! There are far knowledgeable people on this site then me, I'm just trying to be useful...



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top