im not sure about the open or closed loop operation, if i do the velocity test at 5 fpm, then the car will run in both directions at 5 fpm no matter where it is in the hoistway. this is why I'm thinking maybe on inspection it is running open loop. there are a couple of adjustable resistors in the generator field circuit that are in play when ux and dx are not energized. the output of the scr pack goes thru these resistors when ux and dx are not energized. again I'm not sure about the operation of the motor control under inspection, i can't find any info on how to adjust. i thought it may be load weighting, but the load weigher is functioning, the tool does recognize different weights in the car. when the car is empty the load is displayed as 0 . i don't believe i am just drifting up, as it does seem as it is under control, again it will run the same speed all the way up, thinking maybe a problem with the generator. going to go back and check for grounds in the loop. after thinking about it awhile, maybe I'm getting a ground, although usually when you get a good ground in the loop, the loop fuse will blow, or the loop breaker will blow, maybe it is a high enough ohm ground that it is not blowing the fuse or breaker. there are some load weighing adjustments and gain adjustments on the amplifier board, but i did not want to start tweaking them, as the car runs fine on normal.
Edit: from further thought I think you get what I call a pattern (profile generation) from the processor but it also goes into the amp for the generator field, so you could check the difference on that output when driving up and down. Also I think I remember that the load weighing should read around 80 pounds no load. Having zero may not pre load the lift. Also make sure your spring on the PVT isn't broken. Just spit balling here as it has been 15 years since I worked on a 401.
Yep, so if your IGF is the same voltage but the polarity is reversed (profile pattern up and down) then the profile or ramp would indicate its ok, then there may be a small generator leak somewhere. If it isn't then the either the processor isn't pumping out the right profile, or something else is stopping it from doing it.
Does anyone have the software for diagnosis in Elevonic 401? It is possible to send me?