Elevator Forum

Otis Bluetool rever...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis Bluetool reverse engineering

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,552 Views
(@epic_ecodisc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41193]
Hey guys!

Many of you OTIS guys know very well what i mean by saying that the bluetool gadget is horribly horrid. It's large, bulky and annoying. I'm almost done with my current project: A tiny thing that you plug into the serial port like the bluetool, but allows you to do everything you would do with bluetool over bluetooth!

My current (and hopefully final) problem is that I can't seem to find info about what the bluetool sends to the otis system!

Help appreciated!!!



   
Quote
(@Jadam)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use one from aliexpress, i connect to the wifi and use a app on my mobilphone, almost like the bluetool.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100... dd8ff8aaa8a6261f3c&afSmartRedirect=y



   
ReplyQuote
(@Thegoat2)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s a cool little project, I had a similar interest in making my own f2k mull board program to speak to Kone buttons but ended up just getting a license. Can I ask what the tool speaks over ? If it’s rs232 or rs485 it will be different, cbf looking more into it but maybe tomorrow.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Troubleshoot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Jadam, is the app pretty reliable? What is the app?

Last edited by Troubleshoot; 06/14/26 05:54 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thegoat2....you go through big K to get the license? I have tried, but they tell me no. Do have the tools, but of course, not much good without the software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
New Otis software you can’t use AliExpress blue tool. Gen3 your also screwed



   
ReplyQuote
(@tayto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otis had a Bluetooth dongle almost 20 years ago. then went to a wifi dongle and now back to corded. That should probably tell you something....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Thegoat2)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeh I got my license keys the legit way for that, if you don’t have a mate at Kone you could potentially order the key switch they use to program the muls. Can be annoying though haha



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top