Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
19/09/2023 9:25 pm
Hey there,
I’ve got an Otis 211 that every time there is a power outage in the area, the elevator will fault out with a 2EFO fault and the car will park at the second landing with the doors open. I know this means that it is on fire service phase 1. Every time when I arrive the smokes are all reading good voltage wise and I can reset it by putting it on inspect, clearing the RAM and then resetting the controller. Unit will run just fine until the next power outage occurs. I am half tempted to believe that there is something going on with his fire panel or something triggering it when it has a power glitch?
Have you all ever had this happen and if so what might the fix be so the customer or I don’t have to keep resetting it all the time.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I’ve got an Otis 211 that every time there is a power outage in the area, the elevator will fault out with a 2EFO fault and the car will park at the second landing with the doors open. I know this means that it is on fire service phase 1. Every time when I arrive the smokes are all reading good voltage wise and I can reset it by putting it on inspect, clearing the RAM and then resetting the controller. Unit will run just fine until the next power outage occurs. I am half tempted to believe that there is something going on with his fire panel or something triggering it when it has a power glitch?
Have you all ever had this happen and if so what might the fix be so the customer or I don’t have to keep resetting it all the time.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
19/09/2023 10:19 pm
Check the buffer battery (UPS) from the fire panel that supplies power to the fire detectors when the mains power fails.
23/09/2023 9:16 am
Put on MR inspection
On your Blu tool...do a 1-5-1 clear PF Ram
Run up on inspection. .. switch back to NOR
It's a common problem on the newer software.
On your Blu tool...do a 1-5-1 clear PF Ram
Run up on inspection. .. switch back to NOR
It's a common problem on the newer software.
Last edited by Hope&Poke; 09/23/23 01:18 AM.