Elevator Forum

Otis 211 communicat...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 communication.

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,915 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32117]
Got an otis 211 hydro. 4 stop. Lost comms to car station board. .. I can hook up car station board to controller in machine room with cable directly from RSL on raised cpu board to tv1 car station board and it works. My 30v power supply is good to cop.. It’s the other comm wires on that plug on car station board that’s not working. . There are 2 sets of twisted pairs leaving the rsl. One goes to car serial link and the other goes to hall serial link .. everything works besides car station. Hall calls work. Is my serial link wiring bad ? Or is their another communication board screwing me up ??



   
Quote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
In the cop the comm wires also go to top of car to ring board. Unplugged it and still no comm to car station board. Does the ring board need to be connected for all RSL to work. Is it possible the ring card is holding out the car station board ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
If I can get the car station board to work in my hand in the machine room with out ring board in play then I must not need it



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well I Used a spare shielded cable to swap out rsl wiring to COP board and still no good. Tomorrow I’m using some spare wires to take the 30vdc right from my input wiring to mother board like I did in machine room to activate COP board .. I’m going to by pass all the power supply outputs on mother board. That has to be my problem. Even though Unitec says they repaired the mother board.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top