Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
14/05/2014 7:22 am
Does anyone have some tips or know who makes the best worm seal for this machine? We changed the seal with some from unitec that had a steel cup around the the seal and fit nice and tight but 2 weeks later ended up slinging oil around the machine room worse then it had before. We got some texicone seals in today, but its a split seal and seems a lot looser than the previous seals.
The worst part is you have to remove the hoist motor just to get to the worm seal because there is so little room between the brake drum and the worm.
14/05/2014 8:15 am
talk to Dale at texicone an order the high temp ones also let the split seals set at least 24 hours before running machine.While you have it apart change the rubber bushings as well.You should let solid seal set that long also.Just something I found worked for me.
14/05/2014 8:47 am
ABE,
I agree with DripCan! Dale is a good man, knowledgable and dedicated. We've alway had good luck with their products. And I was taught to soak the new seals overnight in the gear case oil before installation.
I agree with DripCan! Dale is a good man, knowledgable and dedicated. We've alway had good luck with their products. And I was taught to soak the new seals overnight in the gear case oil before installation.
Last edited by jkh; 05/14/14 12:48 AM.
14/05/2014 8:49 am
Might also look at the Kramm packing by Gorman. It works. We have had good luck. Titan Machine has started using it on a lot of their gear set kits
14/05/2014 11:06 am
Ive used the texacone split seals on the CT machines before(I think it was a 22ct). Clean the area really well. Only way I could keep it from leaking was using plenty of silicone.
Topic starter
14/05/2014 9:18 pm
Thanks guys. Yesterday we ended up using the texicone split seal and using RTV as the instructions indicated as well as letting it sit overnight. Time will tell if it holds up. If not I will certainly call the seal guru at texicone.
Theses machines on this job can almost be as frustrating as the MRQ spec 60 controllers they're hooked up to!
15/05/2014 9:14 am
I still had a slow drip I had to dump the bread pan every 3 months.
15/05/2014 10:33 am
I used the Gorman with RTV. Had to pour up pan about once a week prior to the Gorman, now about once a year.