Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
06/10/2021 12:31 am
Got an old Irwin big ice cube relay Hydro. 6 stop. It intermittently shuts down on low oil after it makes it to top floor but doors never open and pump bypasses until low oil timer activates. The pump should stop and doors should open when U1 and UD2 drop out ..
Has anyone had this problem. I replaced relays and it still happened
Has anyone had this problem. I replaced relays and it still happened
Topic starter
06/10/2021 9:07 am
Sorry. This is a Virginia controller
06/10/2021 11:24 am
Relays have been replaced…check.
Have you peeked through the top hall doors to see just what the car is doing at door open zone? Is it above the floor during bypass? Floor level?
What type of valve? If Maxton, be sure the F/S adjuster hasn’t loosened and changed up flow.
Packing tight? Stalling before coming off of LU?
Just a few thoughts.
Have you peeked through the top hall doors to see just what the car is doing at door open zone? Is it above the floor during bypass? Floor level?
What type of valve? If Maxton, be sure the F/S adjuster hasn’t loosened and changed up flow.
Packing tight? Stalling before coming off of LU?
Just a few thoughts.
Topic starter
06/10/2021 10:58 pm
Eeco valve. I actually never witnessed but I have solid reports that car is completely stopped level Happens once every month or so.
Topic starter
07/10/2021 4:58 am
I caught it in the act today. LU was still in. As it was trying to finish the trip to top floor I was able to turn the UL on valve body counter clockwise but it still timed out on low oil. After that I could not get it to do it again. I should have killed the disconnect and ran upstairs to get location of the car. going back tomorrow to try n see if I can get it to do it again.
Topic starter
07/10/2021 6:30 am
I see On the print a timer involved that keeps the pump energized after car has stopped. I saw UL still energized when I caught it .. i wonder if that drops out before or after this timer
Last edited by Jluff; 10/06/21 10:32 PM.
07/10/2021 8:21 am
Is the car stalling in leveling?
Have you tried running the car up at leveling speed?
You may try running the car up the last 3 feet into the top floor on leveling?
Have you tried running the car up at leveling speed?
You may try running the car up the last 3 feet into the top floor on leveling?
07/10/2021 9:53 am
I had something similar happen to me a few years ago but only when there were two or more people in the car. Found the relief valve pressure was set too low.
Topic starter
10/10/2021 12:28 am
Finally caught it again. I was on top of car. It was half inch away from completing trip ... felt like car was bypassing. Only strange thing is it happened again when I was in the car but it opened level on top floor. on low oil shutdown. Doors closed and it went to basement.
11/10/2021 11:56 am
So the DO circuitry is good. Could it be valve or packing? Is the slowdown into the top floor too long? Can it be shortened or quicken up LU or soft stop (I think EECO calls it up dump).
Hey- is there a low oil float in the bottom of the tank? If so, bypassing/swirling oil will intermittently trigger the bobbling float resulting in not MLT, but LOS when the car is at the top. Just a thought.
Hey- is there a low oil float in the bottom of the tank? If so, bypassing/swirling oil will intermittently trigger the bobbling float resulting in not MLT, but LOS when the car is at the top. Just a thought.
Topic starter
11/10/2021 7:18 pm
I’m thinking the relief is set to low for some reason. I can get it to do it on inspection also before it hits final ... going back tomorrow with pressure garage.
Topic starter
11/10/2021 8:50 pm
Full load working pressure is 435.
Relief pressure is 580.
Relief pressure is 580.
It’s a 2 stage jack. Single side holeless ... I think it’s binding up top. I got stuck up on inspection little bit above the top floor. Finally went down on inspection after a minute or so trying. I can’t tell if it’s bypassing on stop ring or not .. but it bypasses below the final limit switch that only allows down off of it.
11/10/2021 9:09 pm
I had a DMC twinpost telescopic job a few years back that I found would stop about an 1/8" low at the top floor. I tried adjusting the top floor level and found it was actually stopping right at the stop ring. A -1/8" runby.
Topic starter
11/10/2021 9:51 pm
It just doesn’t feel like the stop ring to me. When I do a stop ring test and I’m on the top of the car I can hear and feel it. But this kinda is like smooth into a bypass. ... this is a brand new job for me. I inherited this problem. Last company in wanted a mod to solve it but was keeping jack.
Last edited by Jluff; 10/11/21 01:54 PM.
12/10/2021 2:08 am
I would go through the up leveling circuit with a fine tooth comb. What's it using for a selector? Year of install?
Page 1 / 2
Next