(I mean, other than the boiler plate "We have no problems" stuff)
Here in California, we have an auxillary contact inside the mainline disconnect. When you turn the 3 phase power off at the disconnect, the auxillarly contact opens, and the battery lowering is disabled.
This contact is also sometimes connected in series with a contact that represents the actuation of the shunt trip circuit breaker, (the one feeding the disconnect), so that if the power is turned off for a definite purpose, such as the actuation of a heat detector, or if someone wants to work on it, and turns it off at the disconnect, in either case, the battery lowering will be disabled.
Is this not how it's done in Melbourne?
We are absolutely paranoid about leaving either the safety circuit, or door locks jumped out. There is even talk about using "time out" jumpers, that open internally, after a preset time elapses.
Admin- Are these knurled safety shoes, that dig in when they contact the rail?
Does the car frame have roller guides?
I know the CEMCO residential roped hydros have eccentric roller guides, so you can adjust the distance from the safety knurls to the rail. If I was doing it, I'd want to know what kind of clearance the safety shoes have between them and the rails, and also, can this distance be adjusted.
I was hoping that someone out there had been through this before with Northern. I'll be sure to post the fix if I hear from Northern.
Maybe something like that (shoe springs) would help in this case.