Elevator Forum

National Wheel-O-Va...
 
Notifications
Clear all

National Wheel-O-Vator Vertical Platform Lift

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,972 Views
(@EMT1972)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#30224]
I had a property management company contact the company I work (I repair medical equipment), my company doesn't work on them mainly because of time constraints. The property management company has hired me directly to make repairs. After digging, I was able to get the manual for it. The problem is, the lift is stuck in the down position. If you press any of the buttons (up/down) on the three(3) different controls, you hear it clicking and trying to function but doesn't move. I checked both doors to make sure they were closed good and they are, in fact you can't even open them. One thing I did notice, is two(2) of the three(3) key switches are on while the third is off, talking with the tenant, they never had a key and it worked previously in the past, however, this problem has occurred before, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with the reoccurring problem. Looking for any advice on the what the cause could be. I am going to the property this weekend to disassemble the unit to be able to get into the tower. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving.



   
Quote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'm not trying to be rude or anything and alot of people don't know this but in most states you must be a licenced elevator mechanic working for a licenced elevator contractor to service, repair, construct, or modernize vertical transportation equipment. Your company is setting theirselves and/or you up for a potential lawsuit if anyone gets hurt on the VPL the second after you perform work on it without the proper licence and training.



   
ReplyQuote
(@BillS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I can tell you first hand of a situation where a medical products company did a repair on a VPL in an enclosed shaft. Some time later a man in a wheelchair fell down the shaft.

Pretty expensive lawsuit followed.

Bring in someone familiar with the equipment.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ElevatorGuy128)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yeah not to berate the point made already but if you're not licensed dont work on it.... i think wheel o vators are powered by 240v which can be a little more than a tickle especially if youre not familiar with how they are built (specfically the controller)



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top