Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/03/2015 9:29 pm
We have been fighting this issue for a couple of weeks and throwing parts at it as it is intermittent and I have to much info to throw here, but here is the start:
Car intermittently shuts down in the basement (terminal landing)
We have the following faults:
13 - M contactor dropped while moving
14 - BC dropped while moving
18 - STP to ST safety string opened while running.
We have replaced every contact except for LRU and LRD which looks in line with this input. I plan to change today We have changed I/O boards. Any insight to this issue?
Topic starter
25/03/2015 12:15 am
I found another thread to look closely related I'm going to try those things but any suggestions will help thank you
25/03/2015 1:16 am
A door lock bouncing as the car starts to leave the floor will throw an 18 fault. If you you look at the Service log, where in the profile does the error occur. Leaving the floor, or coming into the floor? And yes there was almost the exact same problem a while back, and you might ask them what the answer was. Of course as always do not discount a bad travel cord wire in the safety circuit.
Last edited by john jay; 03/24/15 05:18 PM.
Topic starter
25/03/2015 10:43 am
I have paralleled a t-cable wire for the in car stop switch in an effort to eliminate that. My curiosity is that the faults I described are in the last block. There were 65 faults in my log and the last one was 100 * 18 13 14
The block prior was 100 * 0 0 0
The thread I found said something about the floor table. The encoder wheel looks like hell, but appears to have good traction on the rail. My limits are mounted on the opposite side of the governor cable.
The block prior was 100 * 0 0 0
The thread I found said something about the floor table. The encoder wheel looks like hell, but appears to have good traction on the rail. My limits are mounted on the opposite side of the governor cable.
Topic starter
25/03/2015 10:53 am
I meant 100* 18 0 0 0
The other thing it did, and this was at the end of the day, so I will have more data tomorrow, is:
It would not respond for a down hall call. It was latched. It responded for a up hall call (I was on 5th floor) The car arrived and I rode it out of bldg with a down car call to 1.
25/03/2015 11:50 am
we did have the same problem, after replacing many parts, i had him replace the pr relay, after turning it on, he said he saw the U relay led on dimly, the relay would not pick,then it would chatter, and it did this a few times and thru up the same faults. he replaced the little black UAX relay on the main board, the board behind the relay board. that was 2.5 weeks ago, and it is still running with no faults. this one was killing us as well, give it a try, might help ours was usually at the bottom floor as well
Last edited by Vatorgator; 03/25/15 03:51 AM.
26/03/2015 8:52 pm
There is a note under the 18 fault that says if you are getting a 100 18 0 0, you may need to rebuild your floor table. It further says to check encoder coupling and related encoder wiring.
27/03/2015 11:37 am
If your encoder wheel looks like hell, that may be your trouble. Rail driven encoders can't hardly tolerate even a slight amount of wobble from the bearing. They'll wobble one way going up, and the opposite going down. Careful though, some aftermarket wheel suppliers have poor quality control when it comes to the machined bearing race. If the bearing drops out, or simply drops in freely (on a new wheel), it's trouble. If you can rock the wheel even a little, ditch it as this will allow the encoder signal to get an wacky output to the MCU card or whatever the thing is called and goof with the floor encoding.
Last edited by elmcannic; 03/27/15 03:38 AM.
Topic starter
11/04/2015 9:40 pm
A new encoder, and rebuilt assembly (bearings, wheel; etc) Relearned hoist way and unit has been running since then. Thank you all!
12/04/2015 4:58 am
thanks for the update. It really helps to know the the final outcome.
12/04/2015 7:11 am
Nice pull!
Thanks for posting your findings...
Thanks for posting your findings...