Seems this is vane reader issue is new right? Previously you did run a floor table, and there was no mention of it not being saved, so what’s changed other than tool type?
Both optic readers are set at “max”...is the car speed for inspection set to about 25fpm for the learn?
So when you inspect the car to the bottom and onto the DDL to start the floor table build, it won’t see any vane going up correct?
Yes previously was able to run a floor table, but somehow the table was lost. Im assuming with the swapping and changing of everything it was lost? That is correct that starting on my down directional limit, and all the way up to my up directional, no vanes what so ever are read using the vane reader check.
I have had ongoing issues with this elevator ever since taking it over 3 years ago.
That's the thing, every single vane, all 12, show bad. Like it is not processing in the CPU. That's while doing the vane reader check.
I attempted to use the old dallas ram chip but one of the prongs broke off taking it out of the old board.
Well I guess the only good thing is that drive parameters are correct. I will start rummaging through everywhere on the jobsite and hope to obtain anything regarding the parameters.
Thanks for yalls help.
Other than Johns suggestion, there is a cartop board they call the ZAP board. IIRC, it’s the power supply for the vane reader. Typically mounted on the crosshead near the readers in a box a little bit bigger than a shoe box lid. How to check it.....?
Keep us posted on your progress.
After working a week and a half resolving issues, I think the elevator is fixed!
So I went through all the parameters. All were correct. The latest CPU board we had gotten were from Kone Spares and was loaded with the job parameters. I went ahead and ran a few spare traveling cable wires to a verified building ground and made sure car was grounded good, using a grinder to take paint off the crosshead to ensure a good ground. That still didn't fix the vane reader issue.
Started looking at my inputs and out puts on my service tool while running the car on inspection at 10fpm. Changed a few parameters on the drive to allow that, as the lowest I could go was 30fpm from the tool. Started watching my DZU and DZD inputs.... DZD wasn't showing up on the service tool. Input was high on my relay pilot board. Started to poke and prod the MSU board and had DZD come in! I found that I was able to reliably get DZU and DZD to come in if I kept pressure on the MSU. Cut a piece of soft foam to wedge inbetween MSU and CPU to keep the constant pressure I was needing. Changed parameters back to run 30fpm, did a vane reader check and it passed. Did a hoistway scan and it saved!
The problem must have been in my backplane/cardrack. Have another one on its way. But right now elevator is running and customer is happy.
Thanks all yall for your comments and suggestions.