Elevator Forum

MCE ,VFMC-1000 trac...
 
Notifications
Clear all

MCE ,VFMC-1000 traction controller

21 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
37.1 K Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with solidstate, that's a small issue. You'll have plenty of chance to do it again...

Trouble-shooting is an art form. Learn from your mistakes and try not to make the same ones again. I know I've made plenty myself. I've messed up worm gear bearings, burned up a few boards. And I don't even want to try and count how many meters and cell phones I've drop down the shaft.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And good for you for having the courage to admit your not perfect. Do look now but your showing you have character.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: Elev^te79
It's fixed now the adjuster put in a new DZ relay. I was kinda embarrassed because I knew I should have went after that first.

Ha don't worry about it mate. As JKH says, we all make mistakes or miss an obvious fault, and if someone says otherwise they are lying. Just learn from your mistakes/errors and as you have done admit to it. All of this makes a better person but importantly a better mechanic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Elev te79 --- Don't worry about it��IT IS ALWAYS THE SIMPLE STUFF THAT GETS YOU. sometimes the best techs look for the hard stuff first. Last time I looked for hards stuff first I dropped my I PHONE 21 stories to the pit. We think , "it can't be that, that is too easy." my phone looked like a book when I got it -- yeah , like pages of a book. Strange. took it back cuz I had a otter box on it and they said "what the heck happened to this�we've never seen anything like this before."

It is better that he fixed this one -- cuz you will never forget the experience. If you 'd have fixed it, you might forget next time. Keep head up.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep we ALL make mistakes. Did I ever tell you about the Baldor Drive I blew up? I'll never make that same mistake again. Experience is priceless.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How'd you blow it up? Let me know.

ONe time I blew up a hard start kit trying to get an air conditioner to run (AC my first love, elevators my second love). They are used to start a locked compressor == bad start winding, whatever. I've done it many times before and they work great. I put it on pushed in the contactor and BOOM! Acid and stuff everywhere. Then the wiring caught fire and I ran.

Also burnt up 3 boards in an MCE Legacy control....jumped something to ground (done it many times before) and put it on the 2 bus terminal strip. Ooops. Looking for fire extinguisher. Ordered boards, had it running the next day!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top