Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/10/2015 10:05 pm
Has anyone had any experience with these operators or using thier closed loop conversion kit on an existing operator? It seems kinda slick not having any physical limits switches to worry about but how reliable are they? Just curious.
04/10/2015 2:52 am
Abe,
I only have one we maintain. The old 6970A operator gear box was retained. The smart trap was added and in the 14 years I have serviced it I have only had one problem. The DC motor brushes. When they wear down the operator will open and close poorly.
I only have one we maintain. The old 6970A operator gear box was retained. The smart trap was added and in the 14 years I have serviced it I have only had one problem. The DC motor brushes. When they wear down the operator will open and close poorly.
13/10/2015 5:21 am
In theory a good system with true closed loop control, but... we were early users (2005) and had a lot of problems back then with failure rates approaching 100%. Apparently the bugs have been worked out by now but we stay clear of this product since we got badly burned. One problem with learning the limits is that on a power on condition the door has to close until it hits an obstruction (jamb post or opposing door panel) the current then ramps up and the limit is found. If you have an older controller you may need to extend the door close protection timer. Also if used on a mod I would suggest you use a fixed switch for DPM. You are probably better off going with GAL MOVFR in my opinion.