Elevator Forum

MCE IMC “Gen Shunt ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

MCE IMC “Gen Shunt Field Saturated”

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
691 Views
(@VatorMech93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41290]
I know the IMC isn’t proprietary, but I don’t have an emulator for the CRT to interface with the controller so I’m left with checking the error lights. This is a DC motor job with an IMC-GI2 drive/regulator.

I can run the car on inspection in either direction if I run for a second or so and then stop. Anymore than that, and I will quickly ramp up speed and get my “Gen Shunt Field Saturated” light on my drive and fault out. I don’t have a blown FC fuse and all of my motor/gen brushes are seated properly. Anyone run into this issue?



   
Quote
(@Troubleshoot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
To piggy back on this, I have the CRT on my laptop but have never used it. I do have a few cars without machine room computers. Can I plug directly from the controller to my laptop? Which cord do I need?



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am not sure this applies to this problem or not, but when we had to compound generators, we used german silver shunts around the series field. If you had too much series field the shunt field would ramp up and do excatly what you have explained here.



   
ReplyQuote
(@VatorMech93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just throwing my resolution out there.

I ended up speaking with a helpful tech from MCE who still had a good understanding of the IMC. She had me read my standing DC voltage at drive test point “DCS” to ground. I was reading +.140vDC. After adjusting my BAL drive pot until my reading was as close to 0vDC as possible (+.004vDC) my car ran with absolutely no issues.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top