Elevator Forum

magntek 312 to 412 ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

magntek 312 to 412 conversion

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,129 Views
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7652]
I was interested to know if anyone has replaced a 312 with a 412 on a dover t4 car, or for that matter any car. I was informed that thyssen would have to furnish software that would go into the new 412 drive. Is this true. I was under the impression that you could get a 412 drive off the shelf and put it in any car that already had a 312 drive in it with just the wiring changes to deal with. any ideas?

Last edited by Scott Davidson; 07/10/13 03:21 AM.


   
Quote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Finally, an interesting topic.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
did you call magnatek?. I know dumb question but I thought I would ask the obvious.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yes i did call them, and they did indicated that you would need software from thyssen for the new 412 drive. Its good to know that if you do have to replace certain drives in an existing elevator, that you may have to transfer the drive software. Another member advised me that he had done such a coversion, they had to buy the drive from thyssen.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I guess any controller with a pattern board would tend to be software specific. not like an ESI or something simple like that that just uses singular inputs and no pattern to change speeds.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top