Elevator Forum

LRV4 In Pit WIth Oi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

LRV4 In Pit WIth Oil Overheated

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17.3 K Views
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2495]
Got an LRV4 that I occasionally find in the pit with the oil hot and the motor thermal open. I don't have the correct prints (the ones I have are for a 2 stop holeless and this car is a 4 stop in ground). I get there and the car is OOS, on the springs, oil overheated. PM and DR relays are up but car won't run because of thermal. I let it cool overnight and put it back in service. When I did a relief test I found out that AST does not work on this car. I've doublechecked bypass, any ideas?



   
Quote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
do you have a leak in the oil ie constant relevel.do a relevel test on the bottom floor with the emergency lower on the block and see if it relevels(on auto).also how much overrun from bottom sill to springs is there? i wonder if the room is shollow and the relevel is to close. i way to check if the lift is left on the bottom floor and is slipping down is to shut of the lift o/night to test the hydrolics and at least you will know.if you have checked the bypass it certainly seems as tho the lift is bypassing but i wonder if the up valve is sticking as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I opened manual lowering (on auto) several times and it releveled back nicely every time. I replaced the YD timer just because. I'm reading high resistance on some of the starter auxiliary contacts but haven't traced the wires yet (don't have prints).



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
eman it certainly doesnt help without prints. have you checked your contactors to the pump or drive unit?



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I've checked the auxiliary contacts and they don't read good, I'm trying to order some but Siemens says they can't find the number I'm giving them off their contactor, Unitech isn't helping either. May have to replace the Wye Delta starter.

Also, AST (LOT) doesn't seem to work on this car, would it be in the software? Or a dipswitch setting?



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
sorry e-man i was giving general info i would look at. what make is a lrv4?



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
E-man
If you pull the disconnect and shut the line from the pump to the jack. Will it hold the pressure?



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: uppo72
sorry e-man i was giving general info i would look at. what make is a lrv4?

Otis



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes. I just did a relief test a couple months ago, I've never seen the car relevel.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This sounds familiar, this has been through the forum before. Just can't remember the outcome. I had this same thing many years ago, one car would do this about once every month or two. I do remember replacing switches, cpu board etc. Although I can't remember exactly what the fix was, it had to do with the level up magnets and up normal limit switches at the top floor. If the car sat at the top floor and releveled then the car would level up but the pump would continue to run, I think it opened the up limit while still on LU, but am not sure, any way there was some correlation between these switches at the top that would keep the pump running and it would not set the motor limit timer. then the thermal would open up, and the car would finally stop the pump. it would sit there until the car seeped below the floor again, activating lu this time since the thermal was open, and lu was on and no pump motor, it would then MLT. this is the best i can remember it, but it was definitely at the top floor when the problem would occur.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Replace the DR relay, it uses a set of contacts in the hoistway access circuit, even if you don't have hoistway access. With the correct print you will spot it in a minute.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How Bout WD # (on controller) I might be able to set you up with the correct WD.

As Always Work Safe



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I already got the prints from you 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@tommycakes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
had a car that the bypass was not set right car would run fine and then in the morning(parking garage elevator)when it was loaded with people would sp to bottom floor and be out of service . i would go reset it run it for hours run fine put it in service and in the morning be back for the same thing.....



   
ReplyQuote
 mbke
(@mbke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
had the same prob. first make sure your line stater contacts are not welded.bla bla bla... the fix is to change the landing board in the car top reader.also replace the tape guides but the fix for me was the tape reader board.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top