Elevator Forum

Looking for a Virgi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Looking for a Virginia Controls Board

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,945 Views
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2580]
Does anyone know where I could find a Virginia Controls Relay Board model H4SC-PC? I believe they were made in the late eighties to the mid ninties. A fairly basic board with about 50 to 60 ice cube relays and a timer.

Thanks



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Virgina Controls
(800)296-2140
[email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah that was my first try. I believe it is the only board from Virginia Controls that is obsolute.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try Mike or Glen at eciamerica.com (866)6339788
They have it listed in their book.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They don't currently have one but are looking. I actually sent the original board to them to be repaired but it turned out to be water damaged beyond repair.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would say world-electronics? But it sounds like you've come up with the same places. I have some old boards I'll look through them and see.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry ABE
No luck....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try this number...

301-645-3301.

All's well that ends well...

Also cheif designer for Virginia controls was a guy named Dick Maida. Broke off from Virginia and formed his own company making PLC based elevators called Maida elevaotors. He should be able to help. Google him.. Too smashed on Makers mark to be of further assistance..LOL..

Last edited by Broke_Sheave; 02/12/12 04:56 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Broke Sheave
I beleive you are thinking of Chris Maida who worked for Virgina Controls until the family sold the company. Then Chris left to start MTI until Virgina Controls sold again in the early 2000's. I have spoken with him on occasion and he is one the most personable people I have had the pleasure to meet. Unless he left vacontrols again in the last year or so i beleive he can be found there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You're right...It was Chris...NOT Dick Maida.(Memory's the 2nd thing to go..Don't ask what the 1st is...LOL) .I had heard he was back at Virginia. I worked on a couple of Maida's in Brownsville Texas back in the day...

Here's an old thread from the Greenspun board, with Chris actually responding to a post..You're right..The few times I've talked to him seemed like a great, highly intelligent guy..

http://greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=003e7z



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks guys but it looks like I won't need to find the board any more, the customer went for a controller mod. I do very much appreciate the suggestions though. Thanks again.

ABE



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top