Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

LEV Elevator Issue

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,304 Views
(@mdm6713)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15112]
Hello, receiving a flashing "d" on the hall stations (all 3) on this 2001 model LEV lift. The customer reported that the elevator stopped working after a thunderstorm. Upon close inspection the small power supply soldered onto the control board was burned. I had that part of the board replaced/repaired. Put it back in yesterday and still getting a flashing "d" then a minute later SNAP! Another diode of some sort blew out so I returned the board back to the electronics company for a warranty repair. Im a bit concerned though that Im still getting the flashing "d" which indicates a open safety device. 1. Safety Device Open
An open safety device, such as the pit or car-top stop switches, a final limit switch, or the slack chain/rope switch, will display a flashing lower case "d". The pump pressure switch on the hydraulic drive will also in the "safety device" circuit.

From what I can test everything appears to be ok, cycling open and closed with i manipulate the switches. I could be missing something obvious of course, please offer any suggestions anyone may have. Ive also heard that the software could have been currupted and thats not really something that can be fixed. Please help! Thanks
Michael



   
Quote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any time a power supply continues to blow fuses or components you need to strip down the load side. I always like to not connect the load side of a new/repaired PS to test the output is ok. Then stripping down and adding the loads 1 at a time if you cant actually test them properly or if they test ok. It does sound as if you have done this to date, but I would short out the series safety circuit with the existing wires out of the plug just to verify that isn't the issue, and continue down that path. It could very well be a corrupted IC.



   
ReplyQuote
(@hirise)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just to throw it out there-- Had a LEV 2001 go bad from a lighting strike on a VVVF unit.
Since the board is obsolete a plc up grade was a slick solution where the drive is a seperate unit. The only issue is whether there is enough overhead space to fit the new equipment.

Also the remote run station is nice in isolating safety / door circuit issues.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sinister)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Remember to check the manual reset of the chain slack switch, its a little black button on the switch itself, if it trips it will NOT reset and causes the flashing "d" a real pita if you don't know its there. Hopes this helps someone out



   
ReplyQuote
(@vklove32)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am having the same issue with the flashing "d" on my LEV II. I can't see any evidence of shorts on my board. How do I reset the slack switch? The elevator is stuck 2" above level on the 2nd floor.



   
ReplyQuote
 tthh
(@tthh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by vklove32
I am having the same issue with the flashing "d" on my LEV II. I can't see any evidence of shorts on my board. How do I reset the slack switch? The elevator is stuck 2" above level on the 2nd floor.

On the bottom of the cab, on the rail side, is a micro-switch. This switch must be manually reset by pushing the button on the backside of the switch.

You also need to understand why it tripped.

As always, make sure you are not putting yourself in a compromising situation. There should be an e-stop on the first floor in the hoist-way. Make sure you know where that is and it is pushed in (i.e. stopped) while you are under the cab. Make sure the first floor door is open. I always put some automotive jack-stands under the rail where the cab would come down just in case.

Here is a photo:
https://access2parts.com/lev-manual-reset-slack-switch/



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top