Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
14/06/2013 7:47 am
Getting slammed with odd problems this week. Have a 2 stop Kone hydro front doors only. Getting error code 84 which says door open limit active with door closed. Put in a new door board (not my call) learned limits. Manually from door board, it runs great, turn it to automatic car returns to bottom floor, door will not open, and error 84 pops back up. Is there supposed to be a physical switch for door open? There is a micro switch for door closed, works fine. I can not find any indication of a physical Hall effect, micro, or any other type of switch for door open. ......any thoughts?
15/06/2013 5:58 am
I have had odd faults with the WG Door Operator that were caused by the nut on the bottom of the worm gear operator being loose. Reach under the worm gear to the shaft, there is a nut there that should be fairly tight. If it is loose it will cause the problem you have described.
Topic starter
17/06/2013 8:49 am
Thanks, I will check this out, really appreciate the info. I heardvthru the grape vine that their were not many of the WG door operators produced.
17/06/2013 8:20 pm
they were a stock item on most HS controlled hydro's and used rarely on some Miprom units.
Topic starter
18/06/2013 6:52 am
Is there a physical switch for door open on these operators?
19/06/2013 2:36 am
door open limit?
19/06/2013 2:53 am
there is no physical do limit, it uses the encoder to set it. you have to make sure the switch sw3 is correct for the type of door you have. you can manually set the limit by setting bk in the learn mode(down) then move the door by hand to the open position desired, set bk to up position, press reset, door open limit should be set.
Topic starter
19/06/2013 7:46 am
I have gone through the learn cycle many times, same result. Took the encoder off the back of the motor, it looked clean, blew it with computer cleaning air in the can. Does anyone know if I can buy just the encoder from Kone? Or are they going to hit me for both the motor and encoder?