Elevator Forum

Kone "change board"...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone "change board" light is on. KCM831, (LCE 375)

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
19.3 K Views
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4076]
We got a Kone KCM831 control, with the typical LCE 375 processor unit. The one with the digital dispays on it, and all the menu buttons.

When it is powered up, after a small bit this LED lights up, that says "Change Board".

The display is alternately flashing "CPU 40", and looks like it is trying to re-boot itself repeatedly. The "Change Board" LED goes out briefly during these cycles, but always reappears each time.

Is this indicative of a genuine problem with the processor board? Could the program have dropped a bit?

Anyone have this situation before? Does it really require a new LCE 375 processor board? Best sources for such?



   
Quote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
sounds like it. 1 800 kone spares is the number. These are very salty.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks, aquadog



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Changing the nvram did not make the light go away. New board ordered. Over $4000.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kone has the perfect product..

You put out a piece of crap. They can put it in cheaper than just about any of the other OEM's. Which means the put in a LOT of them. Then they maintain it, untill they get tossed out. Then the other companies salivating like dogs bid like crazy to get it. and then when it goes down Kone makes a Ton of money on parts..

So the best business plan I've seen to date..
Design a piece of crap..
Put in a bunch of them..
Make all the money you can on Maintenance till you get tossed..
And then make all your REAL money on Parts..

Frean' brilliant!!!

P.S.
They make the interface so simple to "Break Into"...(See other posts on this forum..), that is sucks the competitors in.. 😁

Last edited by Broke_Sheave; 07/14/12 07:40 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't cover any electronic parts so let them charge all they want. Sometimes I even write : "No moving parts will be covered". along with the no electronics part 😉 You would be amazed at how many people miss that part.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: aquadag
I don't cover any electronic parts so let them charge all they want. Sometimes I even write : "No moving parts will be covered". along with the no electronics part 😉 You would be amazed at how many people miss that part.

I've often wondered how the companies got into a position to warranty parts as part of the maintenance contract. It would be a great deal if the same standard was applied to your auto..

"I've got this 72 Dodge, that I'd like a maintenance contract on and as part of the contract you cover the engine, transmission, Lights, etc.. And oh yeah..You've got to compete against every repair shop in town for my business, and the price I'm going to pay is the same as when this car was driven off the lot in 72"...

That's pretty smart Aquadog. And for the life of me, I don't know how the elevator industry fell into this...



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We protect ourselves also. You gotta, when Kone boards that are worth $200 cost $1000, and ones worth $800 cost $4000. FM would bury you.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top