Elevator Forum

Inclinator Elevette...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Inclinator Elevette Help

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,262 Views
(@Brian-EW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38662]
Good Day

I was called to an Inclinator Elevette that is 20 years old. The lift had bad rocking and clinking. The auxiliary rail rollers were destroy and falling apart.

Power the lift off to replace the lower rollers and when powered the lift back on it now won’t respond. Prints weren’t left with the controller and inclinator won’t provide tech support.

The board has lights and drive powers on. When you give the lift the call the drives internal fan powers and makes sound from controller but the lift fails to move or begin to move.

Any ideas printed. Controller picture attached

Attachments
IMG_2537.jpeg (2.73 MB, 52 downloads)



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd start by double checking all doors pit switch, slack rope switch etc. Check your gate switches and floating gate switches too



   
ReplyQuote
(@Brian-EW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I will double check those items. This is a Pre UC601 controller. Just can’t find any schematics or original installation paperwork. Been digging online for a good bit now and only find the new stuff



   
ReplyQuote
(@Glenn69)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anything show up on the drive display?

Last edited by Glenn69; 01/03/25 10:53 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Brian-EW)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Glenn

The drive is dead. The most wild thing fixed it. I found a customers YouTube video who used a blow dryer. I simulated the same thing with a heat gun. Just gently supplied warm air around the drive. After about 45-60 seconds the drive turned on and lift ran fine.

There must be an internal component of the drive that has failed and when heat is applied it’s “jumping” said component to allow the drive to turn on.

I have a video of the whole process if you want to see it shoot me your email.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Glenn69)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is actually what I was going to recommend you try. I happened upon the same video. Tends to happen after some sort of power surge. I had this happen in a condo complex when the electric company caused a surge and "killed" all 15 units. Took a blow dryer to them all and they all work perfectly fine. Strange stuff.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top