Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
13/04/2012 1:16 am
Does anyone have the internal schematic to an I 40 touch button replacement module? I guess it is some type of SCR circuit but this is just something out of pure curiosity. The ones I have seen are completely sealed. I may have some other uses for these things depending on how the circuit is wired plus I'd like to build a little tester for these things.
Last edited by Smitty; 04/12/12 05:16 PM.
16/04/2012 9:22 pm
No I don't..Sorry..But they are wonderful..Vacumn tubes should only be used in guitar amps..LOL..
16/04/2012 11:52 pm
Here is one circut.
Topic starter
17/04/2012 6:12 am
Yes I play guitar too and tubes are still the best sounding thing out there ....even in 2012.
19/04/2012 10:39 am
most older touch buttons are based on the wheatstone balanced brige theory. Touch it and the bridge is unbalanced and the button fires.
20/04/2012 1:14 am
I only play thru vacuum tube amps myself, preferably an old Marshall with EL34s.
Topic starter
21/04/2012 4:56 am
Thanks E-man. I am aware how the old tube circuits worked. I just want a detailed schematic of the I40 modules. I tried downloading the two .gif file links provided by Vatorman but they contain no data. I am doing a tear out of an old Otis with an EMO and and about every other type of overlay Otis could throw at this thing until they lost the contract. I might have a couple different uses for the I40 modules. It is just a technical curiosity. Cool, another elevator man musician. I like tube amps mostly because they have the ability to clean up nicely with just a roll of your volume knob. I play through a Hughes Kettner Switchblade.