Elevator Forum

Help with Otis GCS ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Help with Otis GCS Smoke/Recall Relay/Modules

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,016 Views
(@clove89)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32241]
I'm a newer Elevator Mechanic and Forman on the Jobsite I'm now, and as busy as our office is, I'm trying to do everything that I can to be as self sufficient in completing everything as best as I can before adjusters come wrap things up.

My question specifically has to do with the flashing hat jewel in the COP that has to go off under certain smokes have been triggered. (Machine Room / Hostway). I understand that the EFO module will take cars to the primary, ASL will take cars to alternate, and that if a hoistway or MR specific smoke is triggered, the cars in that shaft or MR have to display a flashing hat jewel to alert the firefighters of the location of the fire before they try to use PH II.

Looking at the print it's pretty clear where everything lands, although I don't understand or have found any procedures on how to separate that flashing hat to go off in each car under the specific circumstances. I say that because it looks like it lands on BO1 plug and distributed to all the other cars in the group by the CCP. But I have 3 elevators, duplex and a simplex, and 2 MR's, one with of the duplex cars by itself and the other MR housing the controllers for the simplex and the other duplex car.

That being said, its understood that that if one of the devices go off in the the machine room / hoistway only the effected cars need to be flashing their respective jewel.

Is there anyone that can explain or help me understand if there is programming that is done with either addressing or I/O's that can make the system work? Or do I need more modules from the low voltage/fire alarm guys?

Thanks!



   
Quote
(@clove89)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I wonder if they could all share Primary and Alternate through CCP .. and would just need 3 separate "flashing hat" modules (one for each car) for the fire alarm guys to program when certain devices go off??



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like an AHJ question. How are you going to split the duplex? Put one car on PH1 with a flash in MR? Leave hall calls in or take them out? Architects should have thought of this before designing Machine rooms. IMHO



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have to treat it like a simplex and add relays like a simplex to fire ASL and EFO. And remove wires from CCP group plug



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry. I understand what your saying now. So Otis. Uses. Both sesblink (Hat) and alt or pri to fire blinking light. I circled the area on a print

If you fire just blink. The hat will only flash in the cop. And no recall will happen until Alt or Primary open. Otis uses NC contacts

Attachments
35C84BCC-0644-4CDE-BBFA-CA1647B44A32.jpeg (343.77 KB, 29 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You will need. More contacts from the fire service provider. Plus you will need to add a key switch just for that elevator on main lobby One key switch for simplex to reset /on/off. And one key switch for the duplex.



   
ReplyQuote
(@scampbell)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The 30V_grp on the diagram, is that a cross connected 30V supply shared with the other cars? I don't have a print showing that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
File is 6.8 mb. What email



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top