Elevator Forum

Gen2 hall call glit...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Gen2 hall call glitch?

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,048 Views
(@omgitsonme)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39582]
I have a 2 car group.
Here is the scenario:
Car 1 is shutdown due to belt exposed wires. This car has 8 stops (G-7).
Car 2 is running. This car has 7 stops (G-6). however, the customer state that intermittently it will not answer calls (typically floors 5 and 6, but sometimes 3, 5, 6. Last night it wouldn't answer 3,4,5, or 6).
Every time I arrive it works fine. The only issue is find is that when you make a down hall call on any intermediate floor, the up hall call led will light up, but it doesn't actually register an up call. When the car arrives for a down call both LEDs extinguish. Now if you do press a up hall call it works as it should. This is the ONLY issue I find when I arrive - a nuisance call, essentially.
I have unplugged the very top floor hall call and hall lantern for elevator 1, and unplugged both elevators Pulse units just to rule out any kind of shorts.
I have unplugged each hall option board, lantern board, and rs5 hall boards(that only use key switches) one at a time. I have replaced both group and hall terminating resistor boards. I have checked my frequency at each point and got my 1200Hz. I did find the connectors on 4 different hall boards had fallen out, but have repaired them.
Does anyone have any other suggestions, or have seen this issue before?
More so, I know I/Os 1927 through 1933 are my front down hall calls and 1847 through 1853 are my front up calls, but are there any I/Os for what drives the button LED? Or is that just tied to power that's distributed through the button plug itself? I would think that if the up and down calls are programmed the same it would actually latch an up call when you press a down call. But that's just assuming. Any thoughts?



   
Quote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Time for a MOD



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is Car 1 LOTO? Are these GCS or 411’s?

Lights should be driven off of outputs from the RS boards.

My first thought is a duplicate I/O somewhere. Assuming Car 1 is off I’d be looking at I/O’s in car 2. If it’s a GCS, recalc CRC and see if that clears up the issue. If you leave Car 1 on MRI but powered up does the issue go away?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top