Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
04/05/2011 11:58 am
Hey green pants, that damn 401 car started going in the pit again after 6 weeks of no failures, it is now going occupied once a week. Every board, power supply, encoder, cop board, has been replaced with a known good car. The only thing we have not replaced is the ppt. I have talked to Otis role many times now, and nothing seems to be curing the problem. I have done terminal slowdown tests on the car and it never buries itself into the pit where it can't recover on its own. Role does not believe it is the ppt, as when I monitor the system with omt tool, it says the car is 9.2 feet or so, about a foot below the floor . I have run out of ideas except to replace ppt, what do you think, can u ask around. Also, I continue to get Pcf failures when doing the 40 test, last count was 35 after 9999 runs. One thing i did notice last time was 5 bps failures, but this car does not have a brake switch, it is an mg geared job. Still have never seen even a hiccup, after many days of running and playing around with this unit. I'm beginning to think the brake may be hanging, but it looks good. One last clue I see no LCF failures on the 40 test. The role guy says if the car is not hitting the floor at other levels I should be recording LCF failures. Car only goes into bottom limit. I'm about to throw in the towel , and ask for a field engineer to come by, sure would like to fix this one.
Last edited by Scott Davidson; 05/04/11 04:02 AM.
05/05/2011 10:53 am
with the constant pcf's i would now lean towards the ppt. i can tell ya that a new ppt is a $1000 and hopefully its the newer style or else you have to change some software parameters.you could swap the ppt with a like car/rotation in under an hour. i dont know if you have changed one but i could walk you though an easy way to do it.
Topic starter
05/05/2011 12:11 pm
Thanks for responding green pants. I have replaced an older unit with a new unit, the hardest part is running the new cable through the trough, I just did not want to waste the money on a guess, but now with so much time and trouble being caused, I guess I will have to as I have no other ideas. I will order and keep you all posted, wish me luck. Ha ha.