Elevator Forum

ELEVATOR TANK PROBL...
 
Notifications
Clear all

ELEVATOR TANK PROBLEMS

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,866 Views
(@oxnardproject)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1546]
Hi-

I own a 1950 2-story building in Oxnard, CA 93030. It has an Otis water-hydrolic freight elevator in it. Doors on both sides downstairs, one side upstairs. Photos available.
( )
Worked well until recently. Water tank started leaking. I have the following questions:

1. How does one fix the water tank? , or, can you direct me to a local person who could do this work? OR- would it be wise to allow a welder to remove the motor and pump, make a new tank, and replace motor and pump?

2. Can you direct me to a qualified local service person for ongoing maintenance and repairs? Or, how do I find someone?

3. Cylinder is leaking water. Could the right service person repair this, and is this expensive? Approx how much?

4. Generally, what does one pay to have an elevator like this updated to a modern passenger elevator?

5. Is there an organization that would want the old parts for posterity, if I can�t repair and maintain it?

Thanks

Mishone

[email protected]



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
First off it is a law in Califonia that ALL elevator work shall be done by a licenced company and mechanic. Second it is also a regulation that the conveyance/elevator shall be regularly maintained and inspected. Being that this is a water hydro rust and electrolysis cause leaks above ground and more often underground. Most mechanics and companies will tell you that due to the age and type of equipment you are overdue for a full modernization. Modernization is expensive. Look in the phone book for local elevator companies or an elevator consultant. Get multiple bids, but beware you get what you pay for.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The jack is very likely corroded. In my estimation, it is a safety hazard, given the age, and likelihood of considerable corrosion. Sorry to say that, it's not fun for me to lay that on 'ya. Some situations require straight talk. Wish you well.

If I were you, I would call the local companies in the Yellow Pages, or Google them, and get a few bids for modernization. The only company I knew that worked a lot in Oxnard was Republic Elevator, but I don't have any experience with them.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top