Elevator Forum

Elevator Components...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Elevator Components selector help

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,733 Views
 Jim
(@Jim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#13330]
I have a job with a CTS11 car top selector by Elevator Components from Richmond Virginia. The selector doesn't seem to be turning on any of its output relays. It is getting a dz signal from the tape reader. It does count the perforations in the tape. I have no documentation on this device and I called the phone number on the board but it seems as it is no longer in service. Is there anybody who knows where I could find more info on this or where it could be repaired? I am going to talk to access and see if they can.



   
Quote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Best trick I have learned on these is tap all of the relays with a sharpie a few times to see if they are magnetized/stuck, sometimes you will tap them and find one that will make the car run, replace it. Then close doors and open the stop switch and use the setup tool to go the test output screen and hit enter a bunch of times to cycle all of the rows, make sure all of the output lights turn on and off. Exit to the menu screen then let it run.

Be careful with the tool, you can erase the programmed values if you hit the wrong menu.

I have found the "sharpie tap-tap" trick works to find magnetized relays and the output test somehow resets the processor. I have a feeling the processor runs a couple of programs position, inputs, outputs, etc. and one of them will lock up and stop the car.

Replacing the battery with a bigger one is a good idea also.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ketchnu)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
try disconnecting power and battery. wait few second and re-connect to reset unit. this will not erase program and may get it working. also, check guides for wear. you can do this by running car on inspection and passing the reset hole in the tape. hold to left side and then right side to make sure it see's the reset hole if the guides are worn. There are no more parts left for these units that i know of



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
pm me your email, and i will send you the manual



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Isn't elevator components from Virginia out of business?



   
ReplyQuote
(@ketchnu)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yes they are



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top