Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/07/2014 3:52 am
I'm trying to locate the stud that the brush holders mount on. It's a Dover Gearless machine. The stud is 7" long, 3/4" diameter, shoulder where the holder mounts is 4.75". I found the insulated sleeve and washer but not the stud. Has anyone ever had to order one of theses and where did you find it? If I can't locate it
Pretty quick I'm just gonna have machine shop make me one. Thanks
Pretty quick I'm just gonna have machine shop make me one. Thanks
03/07/2014 5:48 am
I've had to replace all of my sleeves and washers on my G3 machines. I didn't need studs so I didn't try to order any, I'll look for a number.
03/07/2014 6:10 am
Sorry, I can't find them in my book.
Last edited by E-man; 07/02/14 10:10 PM.
Topic starter
03/07/2014 12:19 pm
Yeah I had no success with any of my TK parts manuals. In the morning I will call them directly and see if they have some. When I arrived the car had a blown amptrap. I changed it and went to run the car on inspection and I had my own personal fourth of july firework show. It ate that stud about 1/2 way thru.
03/07/2014 7:42 pm
My G3's are bad about grease coming out of the bearing carrier on the inside plate and getting up on the rigging and armature. I had to take and remove the sleeves, washers and brush holder arms and wash all of them and put them back. I chose that method over trying to wash all of them inside the machine. It was very time consuming and hard considering I mostly had to use one hand while laying on the floor for the bottom ones. Those grease overflow spring loaded pressure things don't work in my opinion. I eventually removed those grease overflow pop offs and put a little threaded nipple with some plastic tubing to let the grease go away from the motor. I'll try and post pics.
03/07/2014 7:55 pm
When I pulled those sleeves and washers out they were all oily and full of carbon.... They were burning like charcoal inside the arms conducting to ground.
Before:



After:



Last edited by E-man; 07/03/14 12:01 PM.
Topic starter
03/07/2014 10:47 pm
This stud holds two holders. The stud and surface looked clean besides a lot of carbon. I didn't get to blow out the rigging this quarter so it's my fault lack of maintenance.
03/07/2014 11:36 pm
I would hit up a motor shop
I would think those studs would be common sizes especially on some hoist motors
IE GD 105 etc etc
You will vary rarely see someone change a G3 or other big gearless machines out just to costly, the GD 105 motors that's a different story.
I would think those studs would be common sizes especially on some hoist motors
IE GD 105 etc etc
You will vary rarely see someone change a G3 or other big gearless machines out just to costly, the GD 105 motors that's a different story.
If you could find a older GD 105 etc manual the part number would be listed
Topic starter
04/07/2014 4:28 am
Finally got a call back from TK parts and spoke to someone who isn't dumbfounded when I explain what I needed I got them. Thanks for the help. Looks like Monday I'll be breaking out the dust masks and the tivek suits and clearing some carbon.
