Elevator Forum

Dover Emergency Lig...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover Emergency Light Wiring

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,503 Views
(@firealarmgeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16394]
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Not a technician or a building owner, but a 17 year old elevator enthusiast/photographer, and was hoping someone on here could help me out.

I recently acquired a 1989 Dover Impulse car operating panel (and other fixture parts) from a local building demolition. When I removed the panel from the elevator car with the contractor, I made sure to leave plenty of slack on the wires when I cut them. Yesterday, I finally decided to cut the zip ties and trace the wires to begin wiring it up to power. I already traced the wires to the floor indicator and marked those.

Next, I'm trying to figure out the emergency light and how to wire it up. There's several wires coming off the back of it, but they're not clearly labelled, and I don't know what kind of voltage we're dealing with here. I would imagine there's an input for AC power, and one for the DC battery, but I may be wrong. I know the rest of the panel takes around 24 volts DC, but I think the backup battery I didn't think to pull from behind the panel was either 6 or 12 volts.

Does anyone how to wire this up and what voltage it takes?

Thanks in advance!

*(image not available in this archive)*
*(image not available in this archive)*



   
Quote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I dont not recommend you wiring this up since you are not properly trained to work with live electrical circuits or elevator equipment. Everything is labeled and works like any other e-lite. Line in(120v) battery (6vdc on dover).



   
ReplyQuote
(@firealarmgeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I appreciate the reply. I may not be "properly trained" with elevator equipment, but I definitely have a few years of experience working with electrical circuits. Fire alarm control panels, in particular. I've already managed to wire up the call buttons, car lantern, and position indicators and get them working.

I'm still going to try to wire it up eventually. If I have any doubts, my dad is an electrical engineer and works with many different things, including elevators.

The only thing I was confused about here is which wires go into which terminals and what voltage am I dealing with, but you have helped, so thank you.

Last edited by firealarmgeek; 03/21/16 02:44 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
6V battery runs the bell and the lighting unit. You could of looked up the bulb info and found the voltage. you should have 120vac feed(2 wires fed from the 120vac to the car) 2 wire that the battery ties into, then 2 terminals that go to the alarm button and 2 that go to the bell. All fed off the emergency lighting unit incase you loose 120vac to the car a person stuck can ring the bell and still see the strangers inside with them. If the lights aren't working more then likely you need to clean the tabs for the lights.



   
ReplyQuote
(@firealarmgeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That helps explain it. Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top