Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Dover DMC Fast tool

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
67.9 K Views
(@Garmin)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4677]
Anyone know of a company who fixes Dover DMC fast tools that are expired? I heard there is a company in florida



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I didn't know FAST tools had an expiration. I've got a program that is just like world's, except that it came from Dover. It expires in 2046, but I won't be alive. Anyway, it only runs on Windows 98, so you would need an old dedicated laptop. But if youre interested, I'll cut you a copy for $100



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know my IMS needs a site key every year but I've never had to do anything for my fast tool



   
ReplyQuote
(@galaxy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dover fast tools do expire after X amount of tool power ups. I don't know if the count of power ups can be adjusted. When you turn a dover fast tool on and the display says "FAST REQUIRES SERVICE", its close to being expired. And sorry Garmin, I don't know of anybody that fixes them, but hopefully your florida rumor is true.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevator man 16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How are you? I'm looking for info, I have laptop with XP on it I'm assuming that's why acpi port won't open when I go from the normal port to acpi for dmc. Could you call me at 2408324276 Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
http://www.windowsbbs.com/pc-hardware/25139-acpi-pnp0501-1-com-1-problem.html

I take it you're converting from an old laptop with a serial port to a newer laptop with a USB to RS232 converter. Wide array of glitchiness with these converters. Contact World Electronics for the latest software and hardware upgrades.



   
ReplyQuote
 JMB
(@JMB)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am interested in purchasing the DMC fast tool programming you are willing to copy. Please let me know what I have to do to order and any other information I may need.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
ECI West, contact Mike Tuttle. he is out in Los angeles area. they will take your tool, and reset the expiration counter,. have sent a couple people with tools his way, and they all work great, I think the cost was around 1K

Last edited by Scott Davidson; 02/08/13 01:39 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 TKE
(@TKE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Fast Tools are regulated on how many cycles they are used On-Off they can be refreshed but only from the factory.....O' and TKE stopped making fast tools last year.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i was told if you don't press the OFF button, the count will not decrease. any thoughts on this?



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My fast tool has been through 3 different mechanics its aleast 10 years old. I have never heard of a fast expring

Last edited by sbrmilitia; 02/16/13 03:43 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
My fast tool has been through 3 different mechanics its aleast 10 years old. I have never heard of a fast expring

Well mud in my face it expired....damnit



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
it does not matter how old it is, it matters how many times it is powered on, there is a count that will expire , i have a tool, and was told it has 250 counts, i was also told if i just turn it on, use it and then unplug it and not press the off button, the count will not decrease, this is what i have been doing, but not sure if that advise is true. any way i guess 250 counts should last at least a few years, as the dmc is a pretty good unit, and you can usually fix it without the tool.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
My fast tool has been through 3 different mechanics its aleast 10 years old. I have never heard of a fast expring

Well mud in my face it expired....damnit

You can ask but ITS will not nor TKE in Germantown refresh it........

Scott your turn in the barrel is coming also be advised when your battery goes dead inside your fast tool, you to will have a paper weight



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would imagine Scott has figured a way to hook up a spare battery to the unit, so that it never dies.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top