Elevator Forum

dover dmc clc to fa...
 
Notifications
Clear all

dover dmc clc to fast communication error.

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
21.8 K Views
(@green sleeves)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#1748]
Been troubleshooting brownout issues that I got some good info from another thread. I'm thinking I have a processor/clc board going. This time I can't seem to get into setup mode to do a hoistway setup to relearn values. Getting cover fault 43.000 indicating cover to fast( tool) communication error. The window in fast shows invalid request for information after trying to clear clc faults. Will not go to SUP for selector status.



   
Quote
(@green sleeves)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sorry...autocorrect got me. Replace the word "cover" with "clc" as in clc board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@vince90605)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
unplug selector ,door operator and serial comm plug in machine room and see if you have communication to your clc. Then start plugging in everything else one at a time to see if your communication is lost. As in a serial communication problem locking up the whole serial loop. One of the hardest problems on thos dmc's to troubleshoot.



   
ReplyQuote
(@djenergy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
vince is right you needto separate clc from anothers boards (selector,door operator) and connect the fast tool in the boton panel next to the power supply 5vcd.see the communication conector.in some cases the selector or door board have problems and cant communicate with clc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Stoopid question, but are you plugged into the correct D-shell connector? Single and not Group. That's all I got.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Make sure your 24v power supply is not low, I had a dmc that would not run, I would plug in my laptop, using world freedom software, and i was able to communicate and adjust anything on the unit. As soon as I unplugged the laptop, the car would not run. If i plugged it back in, it would run again. It turns out the 24 volt supply was around 19 v, for some reason when i plugged in the laptop to the unit, it raised the voltage to around 22 volts which would let it communicate to the system.



   
ReplyQuote
(@green sleeves)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Service tool was screwy. Replaced the tape reader and set up manually then got another service tool to verify parameters. Thanks for the help everyone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@green sleeves)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
The selector brd. Sorry.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Before you mess with anything, please REPLACE clc battery it's inexpensive and will save you plenty of headaches down road. The go find which card is pulling voltage down, prolly door or main selector card. Peace....



   
ReplyQuote
(@Oleeightball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pull communication down I said voltage sorry



   
ReplyQuote
(@green sleeves)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Already had replaced battery at thqt point. Like I mentioned...it turned out to be the selector brd. Replaced it and ran setup and has been going strong since end of January.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top