Elevator Forum

Dover 3- S solid 3 ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover 3- S solid 3 7/8 jack

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,117 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32534]
Hey guys. Working on this in Dover in ground jack. It’s 3 stop one piston in the front of shaftway. The casing and head are above the bottom landing and when the car comes down it go up into a hole in front of the car. Where does it connect to the car ? Can you get to it from the car top (I don’t see anything ) or underneath car on ladder ?



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You have a Cimarron, I don't think I spelled that correctly. Anyway, the piston is an integral part of the sling. I don't think it can be detached from the car.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So how do you change the seals



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So this is not an in ground. It’s above ground but the base does sit in a hole in the ground then the head is way up above the bottom floor door.. crazy configuration going on here

Last edited by Jluff; 02/14/22 10:47 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Like Johnny said, it's a Dover cimmaron jack. Is it a single stage or two stage jack? It connects to the car frame in the front header. There is the standard 1" bolt that screws into the top of the piston. If it's a single stage I just land the car and change the seal and o-ring from the cartop. If it's a telescopic you have to set up rigging overhead to pull the pistons out to change the seal and check valve on the bottom of the large piston.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a 3 stop Dover IVO jack that sits in a 5' hole. Messed up! Lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Montana, I don't think this guy is in the trade, or if he is, he needs to ask an experienced mechanic to show him how to do some simple tasks. I was kidding about it being part of the sling.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sorry Johnny, I was unaware of that.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Johnny. I never saw a cantilever travel though a hole in bottom
Of car in front position of shaftway. First time. Been in the trade my whole life. .. and there is a hole in the ground. No sure how far the casing goes down ... I haven’t checked for piston connection to car yet. Will be there for planning Thursday

Last edited by Jluff; 02/15/22 11:09 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They did some interesting things with their jacks.

I have one like yours, single stage upright goes through the platform beside the COP connects to the cross head on a cantilevered car. That car had a bad bump when I got it. Jack wasn't plumb, and the bottom of the sling was hitting the head of the cylinder. Mostly because the welded brackets to the casing that secure the cylinder are only two feet off the ground. Really bad leverage with 10 feet or more of cylinder above that, something moved.

I have another that is the inverted jack, again through a cantilevered car. It's a 3 stop but has a basement with a full height door walk in pit. Made changing the packing on that one pretty convenient. But it still shakes like an old washing machine because of the rollers inside it. Another interesting design they used. I want to open it up and replace the rollers, but the customer doesn't want spend the money.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top