Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/03/2012 11:01 pm
I'm having an issue with an MCE HMC-1000 with a GAL MOD operator. Customer was complaining of doors cycling every now and again. Finally witnessed it yesterday, I saw the doors close but the door lock LED on the controller wasn't lit. I figured it was just a simple adjustment of my limit since it was reported at all floors. Upon investigstion I saw the door would stop dead just before DCL would break, leaving my door rollers picked. My DC relay drops out, as soon as the car gets a demand holding torque takes over and car runs fine. RD1 and RD2 check out. My limit adjustments on the door are fine. I did try to increase the door torque a little to see if that would change anything, but that's sort of pointless since DC relay drops out anyway. I did check all contacts on door op and cleaned. Didn't have a lot of time to go much further. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions. I was thinking I could speed up closing speed to get it to slide in, but I'd rather cure the issue than mask it. Thanks
03/03/2012 11:30 pm
Check all the belt tensions.. Just did an upgrade and thought all belts were good. I just gave the belts alittle more tension and it made all the difference in the world! Check the chain also!
04/03/2012 1:04 am
verify with a meter the state of you DCL. A lot of times as the cam/nylon pin are close to dropping, the wiping of the contact can "break" your DCL signal.
Topic starter
04/03/2012 1:33 am
I agree with verifying w/my meter on my DCL, I haven't done that yet. On the other hand I did set the DCL so it would not break even whent the door was fully closed mechanically, and it still died.
04/03/2012 12:15 pm
have you changed the nylon pins that ride on the cam. somtimes if those are flat you will get intermitant door cycling, or dcl dropping to early.
04/03/2012 4:51 pm
I agree with Take the Stairs. GAL limit cams have nylon pins which wear flat with age. This causes the snap contact to become unreliable.
05/03/2012 12:30 am
Upanddown
I think that when there is no call in. And the doors close. The hatch door interlock pickup roller is contacting your car door clutch. Not allowing the keeper to drop the doors will recycle until it shows the lock made.
I think that when there is no call in. And the doors close. The hatch door interlock pickup roller is contacting your car door clutch. Not allowing the keeper to drop the doors will recycle until it shows the lock made.
Take a look at the clutch and the pickup roller from the car top.
05/03/2012 4:09 am
I have same kind of problem before.
The clutch roller is sticking into the clutch too much and the clutch is not releasing the roller at the end.
Also one time, I have a dead spot on the door operator motor. The door stop @ the same spot every times.
Hope this help.
The clutch roller is sticking into the clutch too much and the clutch is not releasing the roller at the end.
Also one time, I have a dead spot on the door operator motor. The door stop @ the same spot every times.
Hope this help.
05/03/2012 6:18 am
I agree with all of these suggestions. hopfully one works goodluck.
05/03/2012 8:27 am
GAL has 2 sizes for the cam nylons. Make sure you have both sizes before you take the assembly apart
05/03/2012 12:24 pm
is short clutch not retracting before the door mechanically stops?
Topic starter
07/03/2012 3:20 am
Haven't gotten back there yet to check again. The pickup rollers are still picked by the clutch, therefore not making the lock up causing doors to cycle. This is due to the doors not closing fully, because I'm losing DC relay to soon, even before DCL breaks. Not sure if I'm losing it on my final slow closing speed or what. Thanks for all the suggestions.
07/03/2012 6:54 am
so let me get the correct picture...Your door close relay drops out before your door close limit breaks? Are you losing the normally closed contact on the DO relay? Or the door stops before the DCL breaks. The resistor for the close speed is very fragile with thin wire and breaks easily. Possibly it opens up when it heats up.
Topic starter
07/03/2012 8:58 am
Correct, DOL seems good visually. Again I was there doing other work and picked up on this after customer mentioned it so didn't have much time. When I go back I'l be probing with the meter a bit more to see what's up. I did check the resistor in the door operator for any breaks, along with RD1 and RD2 in the controller. All seemed good. One more thing I remembered, if it sits at the fllor with no demand and the door is in the state which I've been describing. If I hit the reset button on controller or cycle power, upon power up it does close the door to fully closed. So it seems that it's looking for DCL. I hope that doesn't confuse anyone. Again, thanks for all the suggestions it's much appreciated.
07/03/2012 9:59 am
timer or high resistance in series with the dc relay?
Page 1 / 2
Next