Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

DLM Question

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,231 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36145]
I’ve got a WICO controller from 1975 with a GAL door operator that needs DLM install. Planning to use Argus DLM device. Anyone done one of these? Any feedback?



   
Quote
(@VatorMech93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve personally had more callbacks and issues after Argus installs. What I don’t like is that all the contacts are internal. If you have an issue (besides a wiring problem or incorrect setting), you have to change the whole unit. I prefer the units that have dedicated relays for each thing they monitor, which can just be changed on site if there is an issue. You also need to be careful when setting the voltage thresholds. If your voltage fluctuates and you don’t have an appropriate threshold range, the car can run fine after the install and test, but then start having issues soon down the line.



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So what DLM unit do you recommend?



   
ReplyQuote
(@VatorMech93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where are you located? As far as installing, I think it’s best using a somewhat local manufacturer so that you can easily get parts and support when needed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have used Electrodyn out of Florida and Claddagh out of N.Y. We used ESI out of New York and had problems right away, got the owner involved after meeting him in Reno and communicated over phone, he was going to let us know the resolution and still have not heard back from him or the company.

Claddagh is good, it appears they are over booked, but do help out.

Hard to beat Electrodyn and its rock solid.

We have had good experience with both Claddagh and Electrrodyn.

We are in the south.



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't forget about FSSG.



   
ReplyQuote
(@VatorMech93)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by solidstate

We have had good experience with both Claddagh and Electrrodyn.

I’ve had very good experience with Claddagh’s DLM units, so far I haven’t come across any from Electrodyn. How do you think the units themselves stack up to eachother?



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We just tried out the CE version of DLM and are just ecstatic about how simple they are and in stock. I do not see how they could not be any simpler.



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Has anyone encountered any issues installing these on both newer and older controllers? Any issues with voltage drops or monitoring effectiveness? Have heard of some issues with the CE units but not with Classagh or Electrodyne. Anyone have any other feedback?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top