Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cat 5 Cable

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,305 Views
(@Opamp Otto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14710]
We need to run a Cat 5 cable to a car for security cameras. I see there are cables that are for industrial use and are intended for constant flexing such as the Belden 7938a or 7939a. These cables are pretty expensive and I am wondering if these would be overkill?

Thanks!



   
Quote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have shielded pairs in existing TC? Is this a mod and in the spec? As far as I know those cables are not compliant with current elevator codes. Go to drakas sight and get one that will be. Not saying what you intend to do hasn't been done before.



   
ReplyQuote
(@pdq1600)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I havnt seen a tc with cat 5e or 6e yet. Your best bet might be to use a shielded pair and get conversion boxes. They are currently doing this in one of the hospitals I take care of. They say it's working well and the streaming is very good quality.



   
ReplyQuote
(@BillS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
there are wireless devices available that give you a CAT 5 output in the machine room



   
ReplyQuote
(@Opamp Otto)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Turns out that they just needed 4 twisted pairs from us.

Thank you all for your help suggestions!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top