Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
04/11/2021 3:19 am
Got a job that needs 45 gallons of oil to add to the 80 gallons already in the tank that is brand new. The 80 gallons is AW46 which I was not aware of. The 45 gallons is AW32. Is it ok the mix these. 32 is a 10 weight. 46 is a 15 weight
Last edited by Jluff; 11/03/21 07:20 PM.
04/11/2021 3:58 am
I personally would not mix the 2. Is this a new job? Submersible motor? Are you sure the AW46 non-conductive? I had a job at a refinery one time where they insisted we use their oil. Their oil had too much water content and therefore smoked the motor. Not all hydraulic oil is non-conductive.
Topic starter
07/11/2021 3:36 am
So I didn’t mix it. I filled it with the AW46. It’s submersible pump and motor on a 3 stage telescopic cantilever. Now I can’t get rid of a bad shaking at the very end of leveling on the top floor. .. no matter how I adjust valve can’t get rid of it.. I even moved the top terminal leveling switch up a few inches. .. I think the 15 weight viscosity is my problem. Aw46 is 15 weight. AW32 is 10 weight. Has anyone experienced this before ?
07/11/2021 7:13 am
I haven't used aw46 in a hydro. If adjusting the leveling speed faster doesn't smooth it out, I'd pull the heads off the cylinders and siphon some oil out and put a gallon of Maxglide directly in each jack and maybe a gallon or two in the tank.
07/11/2021 11:57 am
What kind of silencer/ muffler does it have? Is it a inverted Schindler (dl Martin) jack?