Elevator Forum

Adding security to ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Adding security to TAC32

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,788 Views
(@WPeak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7687]
I am probably making this more difficult than it is, but I am trying to add a swipe badge to secure 2 floors on a TAC32. I am getting myself confused on how do I address the input to allow access to floors thru controller so I dont have to engineer circuit to bypass security when in F.S.? I have spare inputs, just not sure how to address it.



   
Quote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you don't have to engineer anything on the car side just use an extra set of n/o contacts, in parallel to your security system, on the phase 2 sw. to close when you turn phase 2 on, bypassing your security circuit. Simple but effective.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/17/13 03:01 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@WPeak)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So you saying dont focus on controller, just add contacts?



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you should have a bypass circuit input on the card reader add a set of n/o contacts to your fire service phase 2 keyswitch. put these to your bypass(disable) card reader in put. these should be n/o so that when you turn the key to phase 2 the switch closes and puts the card reader on by pass. which disables the card reader. you will have to buy a new set of keyswitch contacts from a vendor usually.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
you can do this many ways this is just one way which I have found to be among the easiest



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
another way is to add an ice cube relay with the same coil voltage as the fire service light in the car. just parallel the coil with the fire service light, use the n/o contacts to jump around the security contacts. when the car goes on fire service the relay picks and you enable the car call buttons. simple and easy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
another good one



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top