We have a geared montgomery triplex coming up, that we need to add a brake pick switch.
These have the brake coils mounted on one of the brake arms.
Mounting the switch is probably the easiest part of this idea. But…What is the purpose of a brake switch? I don’t even know how a brake switch could be “monitored” with that equipment. What…insert the switch in either directional relay with no feature to sense motion with brake dropped or picked to halt or engage brake/drive output? Not to mention pick/drop timing. Oh boy.
Who advised that upgrade, a friend of the building manager aka the “consultant”? (Sarcasm is heavy here).
Honestly, when adding/modifying circuitry not engineered by the manufacturer for said equipment, are you not setting the company and self up for lawsuits?
My take on this is…I wouldn’t touch it. I’m not that qualified.
Well that makes things a lot easier. You’ll figure that part out.