Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

330A repack

43 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
43.9 K Views
(@latham)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2387]
hy guys I receive a toy a330A but it's leaking bad on one side do you know if I have to unbolt the jack out of the hoistway or do you know a way to do the job in the pit I have seen some new stuff and wonder if the engineers thought about leak ! thank you



   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is what I've heard people saying about doing this job, it's a PIA. Hang car, use a compressor to blow oil back to the tank, pull the jack and change the packing out in the floor. Apparently there are some snap rings that you need to deal with carefully. Sorry but I'm not a repair guy.



   
ReplyQuote
(@latham)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I thought if I had to hang the car,do you thing the weight on the jack unbolted will return enough oil close to the shut valve ,well thank for your help i just can believe we install those maintenance repair nightmare after all when you do a few off yhem it might be routine, well thank for helping me



   
ReplyQuote
(@Schmitty74)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You don't need to remove the jack to replace packings. Easiest way is to contact D.L. Martin and have them fax over instructions on how to do it. It is not nearly as hard as you think. Martin is the manufacturer of the jacks for Schwindler elevator



   
ReplyQuote
(@Iuec4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You don't need to blow oil back. First order kit from Schindler or dl Martin. It contains a type of stand to hold piston up inside of the cup. Place car on sticks and close shut offs. Use small hoist( I hang it off a c clamp on the triangular metal near jack). Use small piston clamp to hoist piston sections neat a time. There are very small set screws all around each head ! Remove the snap ring at bottom and hoist piston slowly. Use vacuum to suck up the oil that comes out( should only be about 10-15 gallons). Place stand under piston and hammer down head. Hoist piston up again and remove head from stand. Repeat for all sections.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorman15)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Its easier to remove the Set screw at the head and install a nipple to blow back the oil to the tank......... vs. sucking up the oil.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have two of these units and we just gave a proposal to replace the packing in one. When they approve our proposal and we schedule and finish the work I'll write in my experience.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elev8ted)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi there, i am scheduled to do a 3 stage inverted Friday, i tried to reach out to DL Martin which directed me to Adams then told me to contact Schindler. Is there someone who has the instruction manual for the seal repalcement and would be willing to share it? I really dont want to wing this one. Thank you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
PM or post email



   
ReplyQuote
(@Chainring)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by solidstate
PM or post email

Solidstate, I’d love a copy of those instructions?
[email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator1994)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Me too please [email protected].



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stall Protection)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Count me in [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@NashvilleNate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’d love a copy of those instructions sir
[email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@John C.)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd like a copy as well if you don't mind!
[email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Me as well please [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top