Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

330A Lon

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
15.7 K Views
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#743]
Hi All,

We've got a couple of 330A Schindlers that we grudgingly work on. The owner did not want schindler back, and we'd go and occasionally fix minor problems.

The building is an old age home, and the old ladies there were hit by the doors a few times.

We suggested the PanaChrome detectors with closing lights and voice warnings (might help).

Anyway a couple of our guys went over to install them, and must have touched a wire wrong. The doors would not open, and closed automatically, even without the open/close wires from the carIO bd to the Lust door drive. We wound up showing error 94. We replaced the car board, and the error went away, but the door continued to close no matter what. Today we replaced the Lust drive, and had a running car.

I asked the guys there to put the old car boad back in, just to make sure that it was actually bad. When they did this, they wound up showing a communication error, so they put the new board back in, and now we still have the same error.

The error log shows an Init error, regarding LON, and inside the error log it shows an 20000006. In the controller, there is no EBLON board, only an EBCom.

I can do a LON Test for service pin, and see the car board. The guys swear that they didn't touch anything in the controller, and I believe them.

After this long winded story, I guess I need to know what devices are typically on the LON in a 330A? It appears that something isn't talking, but I'm unsure what it could be.



   
Quote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The 94 error is switching of doorlocks while doors are open...I'd would remove the GIO360 board and short-out the capacitor to remove any bad data on that board! These units are tempermental at best! Reinstall the GIO360 and start from scratch....Write down all your parameters to reset to original...Sounds like you have 2 units ,just maybe compare them! Are they a duplex?



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is a duplex.

We changed the car io board, and the errors went away, except that the doors would close on their own, and not open when commanded (this wound up being the Lust door drive).

We had the car running normal, then went back to try the original car io board, and then the LON problem popped up.

I cant see how the original car io board could have taken out communications, as it did communicate before we removed it.

We tried discharging the cap, and reseting with the car on MR inspect, but the LON error pops up on startup ever time.

We can see that the car io is communicating using the test LON menu, and hitting the service button on the car io.

I was thinking afer I left that maybe the selector talks via the LON buss? Maybe thats what isn't reporting in?



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I doubt you have a true LON problem...I've seen these units with errors that required they be shutdown till morning. Only to come back later and problem is gone!I look through my info monday at hte office.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
have you tried a double reset on MR INSP? a lot of errors including things like a clipped door lock can only be cleared that way.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
GreenPants: Interesting about the double reset. Just reset it twice on MR Inspection?

Halfpic: Thanks. I think I left it down with the power off. I'll find out when I get there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Good news.

The car was powered off for 4 days. I entered the machine room, pulled the processor board, and bled the cap for about 5 minutes. Rebooted on inspection twice, and the car came up with just a pressure switch error (car was on the springs at this point.

After running the car up, it returned to normal.

Thanks for all of the help guys.

Talk about temperamental!

Last edited by SomeGuy; 10/12/10 10:00 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Wrench)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: SomeGuy
Good news.

The car was powered off for 4 days. I entered the machine room, pulled the processor board, and bled the cap for about 5 minutes. Rebooted on inspection twice, and the car came up with just a pressure switch error (car was on the springs at this point.

After running the car up, it returned to normal.

Thanks for all of the help guys.

Talk about temperamental!

yep sounds like a normal 330 😗 Glad to hear you got it up and running.

Last edited by Brian Pevehouse; 10/13/10 02:24 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does not surprise me! It seems all Schindler's latest creations have all kinds of software bugs!....I do like the TXR5 equipment...Good Stuff!



   
ReplyQuote
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
on MR insp hit the reset on the board and as its rebooting hit the reset again. dont know why but our field engineer told us to do that and it has worked to clear weird faults.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
we had a problem with one of these units and it would not reset, so we did a double reset, but held in the reset button on the second reset for about a minute and it went back in to service. we had previously tried to double reset it various times with no success, one of our troubleshooters was talking on the phone to another mechanic and decided to just hold the reset in on the second reset sequence he continued to hold until he got off the phone and when he released the reset button the car went into service and has not failed since, talk about tempermental



   
ReplyQuote
(@SomeGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I feel very lucky to be out of trouble on this problem after hearing all of this.

We had a set of Epoch II cars, and would always laugh when you logged in, and it said "Normal Thank goodness" 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top