Elevator Forum

208E Thrust Bearing...
 
Notifications
Clear all

208E Thrust Bearing Replacement

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,321 Views
 BRG
(@BRG)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20596]
Anyone ever done it? Special tools? Procedure?



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know Haughton made an "H" machine. And Montgomery made a 208. I don't remember a 208 E?

I have nothing in PDF for Montgomery. I do have a bit for Haughton.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep...208E. Montgomery 300/350fpm machines.. Can't remember what it was used for, but the repair guys used some sort of circular heating element. Maybe to heat the new bearing race to help it slide onto the worm shaft? Seems they also use a torch to heat the brake hub where it mounts to the motor shaft.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If I remember correctly you don't have to do that for the rear thrust bearings. There are 2 readily available bearings that are held on by a large nut. pay attention when you take the bearing cap off. There are different colored spacers that need to be put back as removed. Land the cwt, drop the Brake Shoe's,you can rock the Pulley a little and take out the Bearings, they are face to face so pay attention. Spares used to sell spacers and Bearings in a kit.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top