Elevator Forum

Skills Enrichment
 
Notifications
Clear all

Skills Enrichment

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,400 Views
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#20351]
What skills can us hopeful apprentices pick up while waiting for our draft day into the UNION ? Courses, classes, ect .......?



   
Quote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Welding. Go get certified if you can afford it. Get your first aid/CPR CARD renewed at a local fire house. Brushing up on your basic math skills and your ability to read a tape measure would be helpful as well. Can you tie a knot? Go read a book or watch some YouTube videos and learn to tie a few different types. Bowline is probably the most common knot we use.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I appreciate the insight Silly.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a welding cert Thanks for the info silly!

Last edited by Eros; 04/29/17 09:03 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Silly really did have a good point. It was brought up in the interview,I have welding experience but not certified. I also mentioned I'll work on my skills while I wait to be drafted into the Union Big League....The interviewers said that was the best mindset to have and also it will benefit you in the future especially with pay.



   
ReplyQuote
 Eros
(@Eros)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Did you apply at local 8?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mr.Penthouse)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Local 19,



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top