Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
10/09/2010 3:53 am
Hi all. I just stumbled on to this forum. I've been in the business for 14 years. I started in it as a parts supplier to the Otis service parts distribution center in North America (OSC Bloomfield, CT). I was brought in as an in-house supplier and worked as both a salesman/customer service rep for my company and as well as an Otis buyer for the parts we supplied for 10 years. My main focus was electrical supplies but in time it grew beyond that. It was an interesting experiment and very beneficial for both companies. My focus changed within the first few years from sales support to value engineering and I got involved with the Otis factory in Nogales Mexico. I worked with engineering on a large number of cost savings projects over the years that saved Otis millions over the years and we eventually became their largest supplier in North America. I learned a lot from my time inside Otis. The thing I most enjoyed about the job was interfacing with field mechanics. A ton of calls were passed my way so I could help figure out what their customers needed to get their elevator back on line. I moved out of OSC 4 years ago (but my company still maintains a staff there) and began focusing on other accounts (although I still have a lot of involvement with Otis). I've spent the last few years working on similar programs with Thyssenkrupp and Schindler. Anyway, that's my story.
Last edited by Controlguy; 09/09/10 07:55 PM.
10/09/2010 10:54 am
welcome aboard controlguy, hope you can help some of our brothers or we can help you. I have noticed that the member numbers are at 165, if all 165 told a friend and they told a friend the the forum could be at a few thousand members in a year or so, lets all get involved, it can only help us all
11/09/2010 5:12 am
Also seen this on Elevatorshack! HMM...
Topic starter
11/09/2010 7:47 am
I'm a real person. It's because I posted pretty much the same introduction on both. I was looking for an elevator discussion board and both places came up. I went to Elevatorshack first because it came up first. After registering and posting I noticed that most of the members are in Europe. This one seemed to have a lot more local membersso I signed up here too and got lazy.
Last edited by Controlguy; 09/10/10 11:50 PM.
11/09/2010 7:51 pm
does it really matter how many sites people are subscribed to!!! I make NO apologies that I also subscribe to elevator shack AND elevatormax boards other than this one, and I KNOW alot of others do too....so whats the problem!!! The more info that people can get the better in my opinion...so what is the problem with that Koss???
14/09/2010 5:31 pm
Sorry guys,,keep forgetting its mainly USA on this..the more knowledge benefits everyone!
10/12/2010 9:22 am
Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !
_________________
Watch movies online free
10/12/2010 10:34 am
Welcome to the site!