Elevator Forum

love elevator infor...
 
Notifications
Clear all

love elevator information

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,589 Views
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#117]
Hello to all fellow elevator technicians. I have been an elevator man for about 25 years now, it has been a terrific job and means of support for my family. I started out as a electronic technician, repairing various elevator related circuit boards for reliable elevator in Los Angeles, Ca.. I soon found my self in the field as a route mechanic for a couple of years. I was promoted to troubleshooter soon after and have been a troubleshooter over 19 years. I have helped many a mechanic fix troublesome elevators on the clock and off. I am of the old school, and would love to pass my knowledge on to other upcoming mechanics just as my mentor, John Castner, probably the finest elevator man on earth, passed on to me. If you would like to email me personally about a elevator problem please email me at [email protected], I would love to have an opportunity to help you if i can. also if you have info to share i would love to soak in all your experience as well. mahallo



   
Quote
 gord
(@gord)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Good Morning , I am on a volunteer fire department and I am looking for any info ( Powerpoint , videos , PDF's , etc. )on how to safely evacuate passengers from a disabled elevator car ...



   
ReplyQuote
 PGL
(@PGL)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thats very interesting I have been an elevator constructor for 30 years and I have been looking for firefighting information.The very best thing you can do is call elevator co. and wait!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ETech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Usually, the fire dept. in our area will turn off the power to the elevator which removes power from the doors and asks the occupants to push the doors open from the inside as long as the cab is close to the floor. If the cab is in between floors you should get on the phone with the elevator company and find out the Mechanics ETA. It really sucks for the building when the fire department destroys the doors and the elevator mechanic shows up 5 minutes later. However, it is good for the elevator companies in billable repairs.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Mountainlifter)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those firies are just too good i think it is the same the world over in Oz I was once in my car and travelling and could see the job by the time i had parked my car and walked to the site to release the passengers from the lift the firies had already released them using the jaws of life and totally wrecked the doors and had already been got them out and gone all the lift companies i have worked for love this my after hours pay and all the repairs are chargeable.

Last edited by Mountainlifter; 02/22/10 12:09 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello fellow mates. I am pretty new to this forum. I am glad it is here. It is always good to learn more from our shared experience.
I am an adjuster/troubleshooter for a medium sized independent company out of the Washington DC area. I have been in the trade for 28 years and am a proud member of Local 10. It has been an interesting ride and I am sure we all have seen a lot come and go.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ELEVATOR_TECH)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello friend i write from Venezuela i would like to know if u have information about otis service tool....i mean i have an otis service tool but i really need a users manual or manual of fauls for example i have a shoutdown elevator but it says fault 2002 but i dont have the meaning of faults codes im in a hurry know...do u think u can help me on that? i really apreciate

hope to know about u soon

RAFA



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top