Elevator Forum

Looking for classes...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Looking for classes, print reading etc!!!!

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,572 Views
(@TW597)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7911]
I'm a Los Angeles area mechanic looking for more experience in my field! I feel like the 8 hours a day just isn't getting me enough exposure. I take prints home and study them but I'm a hands on kind of guy and feel I learn better with the controller in front of me!

Is there any college classes I can take? I'll do anything?



   
Quote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You are a mechanic and you cant read prints?



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Mate if your trying to get ahead of the curve, I comment your for the forethought but its not needed. All you need to have is a basic grasp of the prints and anything that complicated take a snapshot of it and send it too a leading hand and ask for an explanation. Thru time and effort you build up a knowledge base. Also sometimes you may not have to completely understand how a cct works in theory but all you really need to know is how it work in practice. Im no genius at cct's(im very good tho hehe), but really you just don't need to. Whenever you get leading hands to assist you then you pick their brain a little which is the way I learnt.

Finally your company has a duty to train and teach you and that includes cct knowledge.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TW597)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sbrmilitia- I never said I didn't know how to read them. Just want to be ahead of the curve.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TW597)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the input, I'm realizing patience and overtime I'll develope a good understanding of it all. Guess I'm just being impatient. Thanks again



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
TW

Electrical engineering
Mechanical engineering
Electronics

I'm sure any of these would be an asset...



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
try taking a plc programming class. It will help you understand the newer controllers and about troubleshooting the I/o's. Smart relay's are really easy to program and fun to play with. We just used one to make a home elevator controller. Then put it in as a mod when the old one died.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top