Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/02/2018 10:40 am
thanks man will do the same. im #38, when do you think we will most likely get called in?
18/02/2018 11:26 am
It's just too early to tell right now.
I think when the first batch of candidates are called we'll have a better idea of how many people are hired at a time.
But there are numerous factors that can either speed up, or slow down, the hiring process so I'm trying not to obsess about it, lol.
I hope we all get our chance.
Topic starter
18/02/2018 1:07 pm
yeah man im pretty anxious about it, and im sure we will atleast by the end of this year, idk we'll see hopefuly evryone gets called up. what was your experience/certificates you have jw? were real close in rank
19/02/2018 1:09 am
I interviewed in my area a while back and was also ranked in the 30s and was anxious and was hoping for the best. Somebody gave me advice on my thread at it helped me alot so here is my 2 cents. Keep living your life normally. Don't over think it or stress about when they MIGHT call you. because that's all it is, is maybe. So keep setting goals to find a good career, keep looking, keep trying to become a better candidate, and don't let it ruin your life. Every local is different and you know! So hope for the best but plan for the worse and good luck to all
19/02/2018 2:53 am
@Rique925 - I currently work in an unrelated field so I do not have much transferable experience and no related certifications. I just like working on interesting problems.
I scored 80.4, so you beat me by a hair! Great job my friend.
@dmart144 - Great advice, thank you! I agree, it's definitely important not to get tunnel vision.
I'm utilizing this waiting period to keep my mind and body sharp, and to gather as much information as possible.
If/when an opportunity arrives, it'll be just the beginning of a very demanding adventure.
Topic starter
19/02/2018 6:00 am
thank you dmart and time traveler your guy's advice is right on.
Topic starter
21/02/2018 5:33 am
anybody know if you get in reno, you'll be working in sac/roseville?
22/02/2018 4:51 am
Doubt it. During my interview they told me it was mostly Reno Tahoe and some northern Nevada
22/02/2018 11:08 am
Second that heard thats SF local 8 not Reno
Topic starter
27/02/2018 7:41 am
I tried calling the hall today but the lady is off work today, anybody else call the hall yet to see if the list has moved?
27/02/2018 11:39 pm
i have not,
Topic starter
28/02/2018 1:25 am
i called a few minuties ago and it went straight to the lady's voicemail..
06/03/2018 3:29 am
Just got off the phone with Jim Leonard, they've only hired 1 person so far
Topic starter
06/03/2018 5:09 am
damn did he mention how fast the list will be moving? i called two weeks ago and they said one person was hired
06/03/2018 12:09 pm
Trust me guys, don’t get too anxious about the hiring process. I ranked top 4 for a local in the Midwest back in December of 2016 and haven’t been called yet. Patience, patience, and more patience...