Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
13/05/2017 9:13 pm
Hey guys!
Wondering if anyone can tip me off on what attire to wear to the apprenticeship interview. This is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime so my inclination is to wear a suit for sure, however, I have read some posts that frown on overdressing because it may not be appropriate to the job. I'm currently a heavy commercial HVAC/ refrigeration mechanic so I'm well aware of the work style and conditions. I'm from Chicago originally but have been in Florida now for 8 years and suits are definitely less common down here in the heat. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Wondering if anyone can tip me off on what attire to wear to the apprenticeship interview. This is the biggest opportunity of a lifetime so my inclination is to wear a suit for sure, however, I have read some posts that frown on overdressing because it may not be appropriate to the job. I'm currently a heavy commercial HVAC/ refrigeration mechanic so I'm well aware of the work style and conditions. I'm from Chicago originally but have been in Florida now for 8 years and suits are definitely less common down here in the heat. Any suggestions?
Thanks
13/05/2017 9:44 pm
Suit and tie all the way bud. No jacket if weather permits. Dress shoes. Make sure you let them know you feel it's an opportunity of a lifetime. Copies of resume. I don't think boots and jeans will do you any favors. I ended up 24, I made a small joke saying I hope I'm not overdressed to get a feel and they said not at all. Shows your taking this opportunity seriously.
Topic starter
13/05/2017 10:15 pm
Thanks a million Str8! That was my thinking. Ill take the advice!
14/05/2017 7:06 am
Do not wear a suit. A tie and nice slacks. Copies of any certifications or anything else you think will help.
15/05/2017 3:01 pm
I wore dress shoes, nice khakies, and a button up with no tie and passed my interivew. Also I say bring a couple copies of anything you bring. I brought three copies of everything and ended up sitting infront of three people.
Last edited by westcoast; 05/15/17 07:02 AM.