Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
02/12/2017 1:52 pm
I have been following these post for a while.. I just ranked #12 in eastern Wa. I am currently in a different union trade and will be turned out next feb. My question is how often are these guys out of work? Being in the union im used to a few weeks here and there like all union guys. But you hear stories of other city locals being off 5 6 or even 7 months a year sometimes. I just fear changing careers at the end of my apprenticeship or newly turned out and finding out they dont work as much as i would like... Any input would be appreciated.
10/12/2017 6:00 am
Will probably depend on where you are located and whether work is increasing or not. Someone spoke at our last probie meeting about being out of work for a few years but that was back during the recession. It would also depend on the area of the industry you work; construction, mod, repair or maintenance.
Some cities are very busy and others aren't.