Elevator Forum

Escalator Field Com...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Escalator Field Command

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,919 Views
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40537]
Hello everyone,

I have been. An elevator mechanic for 20 years now. ⅔ of that time mostly on escalators.

I have created an escalator app for my personal use. I find it super useful. I thought I would mention it here in case anyone could get some use out of it too.

I plan to continue to update it but I have this pesky job that takes up most of my days so I don’t have a lot of time to work on the app.😊

The iOS App is called “Eacalator Field Command”.

I tried inserting a link here, but was having no luck.



   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I cannot seem to find it.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That’s weird. What country are you in? It may not be available in all countries. I’ll check.
Forgive me. I’m really new to all this.

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/escalator-field-command/id6756789866



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That linked worked!

Very nice App, I like it a lot actually. Is there a “home button” to return to main menu?



   
ReplyQuote
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks

I’ve been putting a lot of work on it this weekend. Take a look now there’s probably a few changes.

Where were you thinking that there should be a home button? what page exactly I’ll see what I can do.

I usually navigate the app quickly using the tabs on the bottom.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Will you be making an electric and hydraulic elevator app also? Samsung?



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was able to get back to the “Home Screen” by selecting the settings menu. If you ever added one for future use, the bottom would be nice. It’s a really nice app and much better than others I’ve seen / used.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey @Montana
Possibly? In a perfect world I’d like to, but time is a real issue.

I’m only one guy with a full-time job and two little kids.

Last edited by GigaGeek; 01/14/26 07:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
MX4:

Do you not see a list of tabs at the bottom of your screen you should be able to navigate with those?

It’s possible there’s some bugs with different screen sizes. I don’t have any other screens to test on.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
There should be an update coming soon. The app is stuck in the iOS App Store approval process.

I have spent more time and money making the app than I intended.

I will be locking the Cat1 testing tab behind a paywall to recoup my costs. I would like to hope the companies would pay for it for the mechanics. I think it will save a lot of time and eliminate a lot of errors.

I should be able to offer some free promo codes if you guys are interested, I just haven’t figured that out yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@GigaGeek)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Go to the App Store and click on your id picture (top right).
Click Redeem gift card.

JY7RK7KYNYR7



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top