Elevator Forum

Denver Apprenticesh...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Denver Apprenticeship

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.9 K Views
(@Skycap)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26967]
Has anyone heard from Denver yet on interview dates?



   
Quote
(@Sean_k)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve heard nothing. I’d assume they are finished testing by now, so interviews should be coming up soon. Maybe try emailing the rep from local 25.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MRBurgundy29)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just had my interview today, good luck to everyone



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hernandez)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ranked 117. Out of how many? Seems like I'll have to wait 2yrs to get called up if they even get to 117. What are the odds I could get called up? What does it take to get a good number in the interview process? Any suggestions from those that got good rankings would be helpful



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rique925)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Having mechanical and electrical experience will put u top 100 forsure, having relatable certifications, 2+ years of construction experience, working on projects that you can tell them about that involve a craft used to do it, idk that's what helped me at least..every local and interviewer are different though..



   
ReplyQuote
(@Sean_k)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Hernandez
Ranked 117. Out of how many? Seems like I'll have to wait 2yrs to get called up if they even get to 117. What are the odds I could get called up? What does it take to get a good number in the interview process? Any suggestions from those that got good rankings would be helpful

Looking at Denver’s historical numbers as to how many apprentices got hired, I’d guess at 117 your chances are unfortunately slim. With that being said, don’t let your ranking get you down. Maybe consider other locals, there’s a number of locals either currently accepting applications or will soon be accepting. (Boise, Albuquerque, Salt Lake) I recommend applying for a few. In the mean time, think about how your Denver interview went and try to figure out how to better sell yourself, rehears your answers and follow the question/answer format.

There’s a lot of informative videos on the NEIEP YouTube page I recommend watching, you may not get a lot of helpful info from the videos, but you never know.

Personally I bombed my interview in Seattle ranking in the 160’s but ranked in the top 15 in Denver. It’s all about how you sell yourself. Your next interview, relax, be yourself, be truthful of the traits you possess that could help you be successful in the industry, yet don’t exaggerate what you have done. Good luck and grats for at least getting ranked.



   
ReplyQuote
(@RedDawg303)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I ranked 48. Does anyone have insight on how deep this list is? If 117 is unlikely to get a call then what about someone like myself at 48? Im thinking that if they do get to my rank it will be towards the end of the 2 year cycle, which is fine with me. The bottom line is that I want a chance and I want it here with my home local.



   
ReplyQuote
(@RedDawg303)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I talked with local 25 today and they said that they haven't called anyone yet. The person that I spoke with said that she thinks 140 people got called during the last cycle. Just an fyi.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Shane)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just to let you guys know there on 15 , good luck everyone !



   
ReplyQuote
(@RedDawg303)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow 15 already? It was only a month ago that we interviewed, I'm pretty stoked about how fast the list is moving. With a ranking of 48 I was anticipating a call next summer but it seems that it could come sooner. Which company are you with Shane? By looking at your previous posts I can see that you were hired during the last recruitment period. How do you like the trade so far?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Shane)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There on #28



   
ReplyQuote
(@RedDawg303)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Any updates?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Shane)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
42



   
ReplyQuote
(@RedDawg303)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I got the call this morning. #48



   
ReplyQuote
(@BassHead)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Awesome! I’ll have to check back in awhile to see how things are moving along in a few months. Congrats.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top